ACCESSIBLE FASHION, DESIGNER AND LUXURY JEWELRY & ACCESSORIES FOR BIRDS OF EVERY FEATHER
CANARY is an exclusive online resale marketplace dedicated to offering new and pre-loved Estate, Brand Name, Collectible, Custom, Fine and Fashion jewelry and accessories.
CANARY offers something for treasure hunters of all tastes and budgets, with prices ranging from <$500 for accessories to up to $20K+ for fine jewelry—and every price point in between.
CANARY is committed to providing buyers and sellers with the very best shopping and consignment experience:
- Carefully selected new and pre-loved jewelry and accessories that undergo a stringent selection and vetting process
- Objective third-party appraisal and valuation for pre-loved jewelry by International Gemological Laboratory (IGL)
- Personal Shopping Concierge Service
- Layaway Option for shoppers
- Beneficial Consignment Terms for sellers
The CANARY Story
Where does one sell or consign jewelry they no longer wear?
This is the seemingly simple question that started it all. It turns out none of the options were particularly simple—or appealing!
These are your options:
We also found most options to be, shall we say, lacking in clarity around their valuation process and fees. Seeing an underserved market, we knew we could provide a better and more transparent option for fellow jewelry lovers based on our years of combined entrepreneurial, retail and business experience.
And with that knowledge, the idea for CANARY was officially hatched.
Why the name CANARY?
The canary yellow diamond is considered one of the most precious and valued gems in the world. At CANARY, we’re dedicated to making your buying and/or selling experience equally remarkable and memorable.
THE CANARY FLOCK
Founder & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Shannon is a highly accomplished, recognized and award-winning entrepreneur and business leader. For more than 35 years, she has successfully directed her innate talent and passion for connecting great people to great opportunities. Shannon’s proven business acumen, innovative and entrepreneurial mindset—and ability to recognize a market need as well as act on it—led to the launch of CANARY as a world-class shopping exchange. Shannon’s industry recognition includes:
- Canada’s Women Business Enterprise Winner (2018)
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Professional Services, Prairies Region (2017)
- Canada’s Top 100 Female Entrepreneurs – Hall of Fame (2016)
Favourite Piece of Jewelry: The “15th” anniversary ring my husband bought for me on our “13th” anniversary—because I couldn’t wait! I’ve worn it every day since.
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Kate has a diverse background in business operations and management experience at the executive level. Product intake, inventory management, sales, and idea management are Kate’s specialties. Kate is passionate about providing an exceptional shopping experience, with her mission being to create, develop and support an optimized and elevated buying and selling experience for each and every CANARY customer.
Favorite Piece of Jewelry: My “third” wedding ring from my “first” husband, because a girl’s tastes changes over 30 years!
Brand & Marketing Specialist
Sarah is an accomplished graphic designer with over 15 years of digital and traditional design experience. She is focused on highlighting the latest in jewelry trends and designs, profiling emerging artists and experts, and sharing what’s happening in the world of design with CANARY customers and members.
Favourite piece of Jewelry: A silver and garnet ring that looks like lace that was gifted to me when I was pregnant with my daughter.
Robyn is a 10-year veteran of the programming, IT, and website customization space. She is highly respected for her proactive, innovative problem-solving style, and well-known for systems analysis and e-commerce excellence. She continuously assesses and evolves the user-friendly CANARY site, and oversees its best-in-class security processes and firewalls.
Favourite Piece of Jewelry: A tanzanite opal ring and earring set from my husband when we were on a two-week holiday cruise many years ago. To this day, the set remains my favourite jewelry—and that trip remains my favourite holiday.
CAN’T FIND THE TYPE OR STYLE OF JEWELRY YOU’RE SEARCHING FOR?
If you know what you want, but can’t find it anywhere, we offer a one-on-one shopping concierge service to help you hone in on your seemingly hidden treasure.
How it Works
- The cost for this service is $149 CAD + applicable taxes, but there is no obligation to buy if we find the item
- Book a Zoom Call to meet your personal shopper and further discuss what you are looking for
- Your shopper may also have items on-hand (if available) that may meet your criteria but have not yet been yet posted on lovecanary.ca
- Your shopper starts the search, and will send you pictures, details and prices of any options found before committing to a purchase on your behalf
- Items purchased through the concierge search service can be returned for a store credit (minus the shipping cost and applicable taxes)
Try it On
WANT TO “TRY ON” A PIECE OF JEWELRY LISTED ON CANARY BEFORE YOU BUY?
No problem! Simply book a no-charge, no-obligation Zoom call with a CANARY representative who:
- Will try on the item for you to demonstrate how it shows
- Can pull similar options in the same price point that may not yet be posted on lovecanary.ca
A BIRD IN THE HAND…
You don’t need to let that treasure slip away! CANARY’s layaway program is a beautiful option when the heart falls in love with something today, but the pocketbook needs a month or three to make it happen.
How it Works
CANARY is thrilled to offer a 90-day layaway purchase option for any jewelry pieces priced at $2500+ according to the following:
Payment* Schedule & Terms
- Charged Immediately: At time of purchase, you will be charged:
- A one-time administration fee of $149.00
- 25% of the cost as a down payment, plus applicable taxes
- Charged at 30 days of your order date:
- The second 25% of the cost plus applicable taxes
- Charged at 60 days of your order date:
- The third 25% of the cost plus applicable taxes
- Charged at 90 days of your order date:
- The final 25% of the cost plus applicable taxes
Receiving Your Item
Your purchase will automatically be shipped via FedEx or Canada Post once your final payment has been made. You will be sent shipping confirmation and a tracking number for your records.
*If you choose to payout your payment plan earlier than scheduled, contact email@example.com to do so.
HELPING WOMEN SOAR
Giving yourself or a cherished someone the gift of jewelry is to give an everlasting gift with value and meaning. At CANARY, we feel the same way about giving back to community: It’s an invaluable investment that provides a return that improves and changes lives and lasts a lifetime.
As lifelong believers in community investment, as well as a group of mothers and aunts, contributing to initiatives that empower women and their children is a common passion.
As a result, all unsold or unclaimed jewelry is donated to local women-driven charities that support social enterprise start-ups. Currently, we are supporting Gems For Gems, whose mission is to end the cycle of domestic abuse through empowering and educating survivors.